Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Marty!

Today was Marty's 29th Birthday! He had the day off of work. What? Most of you will say. Yes, he went back to work for two days and then had the day off again. He doesn't like to work on his birthday and I agree so it worked out nicely. We didn't do anything too exciting. We visited our new nephew, Rueger, at the hospital. He was born yesterday. Then we did some shopping to spend his birthday money. So far he has gotten shoes and a pair of baseball pants. We will go out again on Saturday to get a few more things.

We also went to dinner at Panda Express and had ice cream at Leatherby's. Marty has told Brooklyn for about 3 months that we would be going there on his birthday and she didn't forget. All day long she asked when it was time to go get ice cream. We finally made it there about 7 pm and she was in heaven!
All she wanted was chocolate ice cream and she ate it with her fingers so by the time we left she was covered in it. Let's just say her clothes are in the washing machine right now. She was so cute about a simple thing as eating ice cream. I wish I would have brought my camera, but we forgot so here are pictures from our cell phone.

Happy Birthday Marty! We love you! Thanks for being an amazing husband and daddy!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday Marty! Way to go Brooklyn. The only way to eat chocolate ice cream is with your hands. It just tastes so much better that way. :) Hope it all came out in the wash.

Jen said...

Happy Birthday Marty! I'm glad that you guys were able to spend that day as a family. That is my favorite way to spend a birthday!

Melissa said...

I can never get Ronnie to take the day off for his bday. I'm impressed you know how to transfer cell pics to your computer. Sounds like you had a great day - happy bday a little late Marty!

Trista said...

Happy birthday! And Eliza looks like she has completely different coloring than Brooklyn. Too cute.