Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I'm a Big Sister!

Some of you have been asking how Brooklyn is handling being a Big Sister so I thought I would post about it. First I must acknowledge my friend, Mindy Black, for taking these pictures. She came to the hospital and took some pictures of our family. So adorable! Thank you!

Brooklyn has been so sweet! Much sweeter than I expected. From day 1 in the hospital, she was so soft and wanted to kiss her all the time. She still wants to kiss her all the time and has now moved to hugging her pretty tight. I have to remind her to not squeeze her too tight. Plus, she needs to know where Eliza is at all times.

She has nicknamed her "Sleeping Beauty". We all received Disney Princess names the other day. I'm Cinderella, Brooklyn's Snow White and Marty's Jasmine (not that he's too thrilled about that). I'm hoping he's Jasmine because it sounds like "man" at the end. I'm not sure, but Brooklyn has never seen Aladdin so she probably doesn't know who Jasmine really is besides that she's on one pair of her underwear.

She has learned a lot about the female anatomy and doesn't like that I have to feed her all of the time. She frequently says "Mom, don't feed her, she's not hungry".

Mostly she's been really sweet! Today she looked at her and said "Sister's here" and Eliza smiled at her. Also today, Eliza was crying and Brooklyn hugged her and said "I'm here for you for as long as I live". So cute! I'll have to work on teaching her about forever families! :)

Brooklyn does get frustrated that she's not center of attention all of the time. Luckily Marty is still off of work so she's been getting attention, but starting Monday I'll have to figure out how to manage them both on my own.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Those are precious pictures! Mindy, you're talented!

Liz said...

I'm excited for Brooklyn to have a little sister. I think it will be so much fun to have 2 little girls that will be friends for life. Brooklyn is so sweet, I love that Marty's Jasmine, maybe it's the black hair?

Trista said...

That's so cute! I love the "Sleeping Beauty" nickname. She is doing WAY better than Sabrina did when Blake was first born. Make sure you thank your Heavenly Father for this blessing.

Kelly said...

That is so sweet. I love the pictures!

Kristen said...

What beautiful pictures. Sisters are the best even if we don't become really great friends until we're older. I keep reminding my girls that there sister will always be there for them. It looks like from Brooklyn's sweet comment that she already gets it. I'll never forget my oldest's reaction to my nursing her new little sister. Let's just say she was shocked and couldn't really figure out what I was doing.

Mindy said...

I can't believe the things that come out of kids mouths some times, I'll bet that just touched your heart! She is a special girl. I'm so glad she has a sister. I think having #1 and #2 the same gneder has been a blessing, hopefully they see it that way too, It's like having a built in buddy all the time. I'm glad she is doing so well. Also, I need to fix those pictures... the b&w conversions came out a little flat! I'll fix it and email you a new file!! :)

Vala said...

Cute photos. I am so glad to hear that Brooklyn is "cool" with her sister. Now if we can just get Marty to change his name to Jasmine permanently...hmmm...
:)

Jen said...

Your kids are so cute!!! I hope to meet your newest addition when I come...