Monday, July 25, 2011

Brooklyn's 2nd lost tooth

Brooklyn lost her 2nd tooth on Tuesday, July 19th. Her tooth had been getting progressively looser each day so we knew it was close to coming out. She had been complaining about not being able to eat very well for a few days before. After dinner, she was sitting at the table eating a cupcake (thus the brown spots in her teeth--she does not have cavities), when I told her we could get her tooth out. She didn't want us to. So I told her I had heard the tooth fairy was in the neighborhood and we could save her a trip if she got her tooth out that night. She said no and kept eating her cupcake. A few minutes later she asked if she could have an apple. She got her last tooth out with an apple so I knew this meant she was ready.The loose tooth is the front right tooth. You can tell because it has a little red around it. The tooth on the left is her new adult tooth. I can't believe it's already grown in so much.
She tried the apple. No such luck this time.
So we asked her to wiggle it, but she said it hurt too much. Then it was dad's turn. She was a little worried about Marty tearing it out, but he was gentle and after two back and forth movements of the tooth it was out!
However, the blood was far worse this time. Brooklyn was worried about all that blood in her mouth. She didn't know what to do. And yes, the wonderful mother I am took a picture instead of helping her. :) Don't worry, it didn't take too long to snap a picture and then we cleaned her mouth out.
She had to experience the ol' suck on a wet napkin trick. It worked and the blood stopped.
Brooklyn is holding her tooth, but it's hard to tell. She's happy to have it out!
I seriously can't believe how small their teeth are when they come out. They look so much bigger inside their mouth.
The jack-o-lantern look.
You still can't tell she's missing teeth when she smiles.
The first thing Brooklyn said was "now I can enjoy eating again" and "food will taste better now". She was excited to leave her tooth under her pillow and more excited the next morning for her money! She could hardly go to sleep that night from all the excitement! Plus, she had way more questions about the tooth fairy this time around.
Don't worry I won't post all the teeth Brooklyn loses, but I did want to document this one. :)

3 comments:

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

Great job mom and dad! She is so cute. Gavin finally has a really loose tooth and we happen to go to the dentist yesterday for a cleaning and he wouldn't even let the dentist take it out- maybe I'll hand him an apple. :) or have him read this post.

Jessica said...

It's amazing how momentous a little tooth can be.

Mindy said...

Ah! She can't be old enough for this! :( That is just crazy to me!