On Monday, July 25th, we celebrated the Pioneer Holiday by visiting some very old pioneers at the George S. Eccles Dinosaur Park in Ogden. We had gotten a deal through City Deals (I believe) and Marty had the day off so we thought it would be the perfect day to go. We called my mom (who had the day off as well) and invited her to come with us.
It was a bit of a long drive from our house, but we made it there!
We had never been before so we had a lot to explore. We started off inside with the mechanical dinosaurs (no picture shown). They only had two dinosaurs, but they were pretty life-like. Brooklyn took one look and it scared her so bad she turned and ran! I'm sure she was wondering where her parents took her. :) Afterward, we went to look at all the rocks and fossils, etc inside.
My girls have never been to a dinosaur museum so they were pretty intrigued.
It was fun to try to teach them a bit about dinosaurs.
Then we headed outside. Once Brooklyn realized that dinosaurs are dead, she was able to enjoy the rest of the day. We ate a lunch we had packed and then went out to explore the park.
It's one amazing park! It's nestled right against Ogden canyon so it's like you are camping with these dinosaurs. My girls had some resemblance to this dinosaur. Brooklyn's just as skinny as this one.
And Eliza's just as small (ok smaller).
We took so many pictures, but I'm only sharing a very small portion of them. It was such a cool place!
Watch out! Love this picture!
This dinosaur is one of Marty's favorites so we took a picture. Eliza pulled out her pirate face again. :)
A little boy was taking his picture by all the dinosaurs. Brooklyn thought that was a great idea too.
Eliza wore grandma's hat for a bit. Too cute! She looks like a little explorer!
The girls both love these things every since The Princess Festival. They had to have their picture taken at every one. They look a lot like sisters when all you can see is their heads.
My absolute favorite picture! Love their faces!
Then out of no where came a park. The girls had their eyes on the prize!
They enjoyed the slides and Eliza's new thing is walking around barefoot. We stayed for a while to let them play, but they didn't even get to try everything.
Riding the dinosaur!
I realized I wasn't in any of the pictures so I had Marty take a picture. Again, it's such a beautiful park. Full of outdoor beautiful things to enjoy.
Then it was off to see more dinosaurs. Some were fighting, with real life sounds too. I wonder how they learned what they sounded like. The sound definitely fits.
Time for a family picture.
And one with my mom. I never realized just how big a brachiosaurus really was! WOW!
Then we came across the fossil finding station. I think we have a future Paleontologist on our my hands. She didn't want to leave until she uncovered the whole thing. Unfortunately we didn't have time for that.
Eliza had fun, just not as much. She was ready to go after a bit.
It was fun to play in the sand though. And especially great that it had a cover because it started to sprinkle.
After our little rest, we were off to find even more dinosaurs.
Eliza and Marty found more while Brooklyn stayed to find fossils.
Then we showed Brooklyn what they found.
And then it was time for us all to leave. It was a perfect day. The weather was overcast which kept the temperature low.
Eliza fell asleep immediately after getting in our car. We decided since we were already in Ogden to stop at the Hill Air Force Base airplane museum. We pulled off at the exit and decided to let Eliza sleep for a bit so we drove through Roy and Hooper. Eliza woke up after about 30 minutes and then we drove to the museum.
It was raining a bit so Brooklyn brought her umbrella. Love that she flipped her foot right before I took this picture. She's become quite the poser lately. :)
The airplanes are amazing. I haven't been since I was in elementary school.
We hadn't walked very far down to look at all the airplanes when a man's voice came overhead telling us that it was now 4:30 and they were closed. Really? So we quickly walked back and forth down the path and took a few pictures.
We were sad we didn't get to go inside the museum. The girls were looking forward to going inside some airplanes, etc. We will have to go back another day.
Then we drove to my brother, Barry's, house who lives in Layton. He was generous enough to invite us over for a BBQ with his family. It was nice to not have to worry about dinner after being gone all day. It was a perfect way to spend our holiday!
Friday, July 29, 2011
Dinosaur Park
Posted by
Angie
at
3:05:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So much fun! If they like that dinosaur park start looking for coupons to the one at thanksgiving point. Both are so much fun - really looks like a perfect day! I wanted to take my kids to the hill air force museum all summer, maybe one weekend soon!
I'm so behind on blogs. I loved reading through your updates, that dino park looks awesome! My boys would love that. Note to self: take boys to dinosaur thing.
Post a Comment