Thursday, July 14, 2011

What is this?

Over the last few weeks, my house has become a house of bugs. I'm one who notices when something is out of place so I notice these tiny little bugs constantly in my home. A little tiny black thing catches my eye. The only problem is I don't know what it is. Luckily, it's easy to kill but it totally grosses me out. I'm not a neat freak, but my house isn't what I would consider messy either but when I see these bugs I think it has something to do with our cleanliness. I've found them more in areas where things don't get moved as often. They seem to shed their skin as well. They look kind of like a weevil, but it's hairy. I'm pretty sure it is a weevil, which is completely disgusting. Yuck! Just talking about it makes me cringe. It just amazes me to find them in places other than my kitchen if it's a weevil. I thought those things lived off food and grains.
I've noticed a lot of spiders and such coming in as well. I need to bug bomb my house, but haven't found the perfect day to do it yet. I bought a bug bomb two years ago and still haven't used it yet. I really need to. Anyone else have fun critters in their homes?

2 comments:

Vala said...

I think this is a carpet beetle. We had them at our old house and they live off of dead skin or hair, or any kind of organic matter. I know they don't really look like a beetle, but I think this is the same thing we had. They are gross...that's for sure. They are really hard to get rid of, too! Careful, they like to go into boxes and drawers of stuff you don't use often. The best thing I think you can do is put stuff that you don't want infested in the airtight rubber containers. Good luck!

Mindy said...

Hmmm... never seen that one before. We have had a lot of ants lately... which makes me feel dirty. We've tried barrier sprays at the doorways and everything but we still have a few coming in. I'm sure they want the crumbs my kids leave behind, and even with sweeping twice a day, unfortunately, we still leave them with treats. :(