Monday, October 10, 2011

Family Night/Bowling

October 3rd was a busy day! We had gone to Tracy Aviary in the morning and had planned to use another deal I had purchased that night because it was about to expire. I purchased a deal to go bowling with 6 people for a hour at Orchard Lanes in North Salt Lake. This bowling alley is right across the street from where I grew up so I have many fun memories there and thought it would be fun to take my family there. My mom still lives in that house so we invited her to join us in the fun.Sportin' the bowling shoes.
These girls were ecstatic to go bowling! I don't believe Eliza has ever bowled. I love how this picture turned out. Love my girls!
Marty definitely bowled the fastest.
But he spent most of the time helping his girls.
I was excited to go bowling as well! Can you tell? ;)
It's always strange to see the way you bowl. I didn't know they took this picture.
I was losing anyway so I started having a little fun.
My mom rocked it! She hasn't been bowling in years, but managed to get the most strikes and spares.
Brooklyn preferred to use this contraption. Not sure what it's called. She beat us all with a score of 102. Pretty pathetic, I know.
She did try the old "through the leg" technique, but the ball moved so slow that it hardly hit any pins.
The lightest ball was 8 pounds, which is still very heavy for a 2 year old. I wish they had some lighter balls.
She loved it! This picture makes her ball look invisible.
The place was empty this night so we had fun though we only managed to play one full game in the hour time limit.
A hour was enough for Eliza though. She had a little tantrum when we were almost done. She hated the shoes and wanted them off!
A girl and her dad.
Too cute!
That's all folks!
We went for ice cream afterward. It was a perfect night!

5 comments:

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

We definitely need to go more, my kids love it (except camberlyn gets a little bored). Looks like the girls had a blast.

Amy said...

My girls love going bowling. That is one of my favorite memories as a kid was bowling. My parents were on a bowling league so I got go with them most of the time. It was always fun.

Kristen said...

All of us love bowling except my three year old. I have fond memories of bowling. I lived at 89 South Orchard Drive. Small world!

Vala said...

So fun! I have good memories there too! I love that Eliza was holding that big 8 lb ball - impressed! :)

Jessica said...

You guys sure have a lot of fun!