On Monday, October 10th, we headed off for a family vacation. Marty is required to take a week off of work since his work is considered a "high stress environment". So although we've had a few weekend getaways, this is our official vacation this year. We had found a deal for a cheap hotel in Vegas and booked it several months ago. We had plans to visit some friends in St. George and then go to Vegas, but that didn't work out. Since we already had this scheduled, we started our vacation off in Las Vegas. 
We didn't arrive until around 5pm, but 4 pm there. We checked in at Circus Circus and then found some dinner.
We ate at a pizza place inside Circus Circus. We also watched one of the shows there. It was a magician with a lady who changed her clothes a ton in a short amount of time (I'm sure she has some fancy name, but I can't think of it). Our girls were impressed and amazed!
Then we talked to the girls about some of the other options we could do in Vegas. We were only going to be there for one night so we wanted to do what they wanted. Brooklyn wanted to watch the pirate show, Eliza wanted to see the water fountains and I wanted to take the girls to the M&M store because I thought they would love it. Marty wanted to do them all. So we parked at Caesars Place thinking it was pretty central, but we were very wrong. We walked forever on the strip to get to the M&M store. The strip is not the best place for kids because of some of the things they can see. Fortunately, our girls are still young and don't understand some of that. The good part was the people that hand out the naughty things don't hand them to you if you have kids. Sadly it isn't always avoided though because people drop them all over the street. I've learned my lesson not to walk the strip with kids period. I probably shouldn't walk it either now that I mention it.
We finally made it to the M&M store and the girls loved it! They were amazed by all the colors of M&M's.
So, of course, we had to buy some even if they cost way more than what you would spend in the store.
There's a funny story behind this picture. I told Eliza to smile by the M&M and while I was taking the picture, she reached in the hole and came out with....
these! Sneaky girl!
We laughed so hard at her. So, of course, big sister Brooklyn had to do it when it was her turn for a picture. :)
All the girls with the "girl" M&M. Love that Eliza is hanging on to her legs.
This was the most popular picture spot so in my rush I cut off some of the Las Vegas sign. Oops.
There are four floors of M&M stuff and the girls were already tired from walking so much so Marty helped out.
They have everything there, even a M&M car.
More M&M pictures.
Another funny story, I gave Brooklyn the camera and asked her to take a picture of Marty and me. Eliza wouldn't get out of the picture so Brooklyn took this picture and said "I had to move it a bit to get Eliza out of the picture". Smart girl.
My model/poser girl, Brooklyn.
My silly/sneaky girl, Eliza, at it again.
After the store, we headed back to the strip and managed to catch the tail end of the water fountain show at the Bellagio (not pictured because we were across the street). Funny thing about the strip now is they have people dressed up in costumes (Mickey Mouse, Transformers, etc.) who take tips and probably require money to have your picture taken with them. I found it hilarious, but Brooklyn is terrified by those things. I think we counted 15 of them as we walked one way.
So our last stop was the pirate show at Treasure Island. Our girls were beyond tired so Eliza needed a ride. We had a long walk back.
The pirate show has changed since I was last in Vegas. Well, the last few times I've gone to Vegas I have missed the show every time so it's been a long time since I've seen it. It turned out to be another not so great thing for kids. A whole pirate ship was full of immodest girls. Brooklyn did at least make mention to that. The girls loved the ships and fire though.
We managed to get our "to do" list done, but it made for a very late night. The girls were so exhausted by the time they got back, yet they were wired as well from all the activities and from being up too late.We tried to have them sleep in the same bed, but it didn't work because of how hyper they were so Marty and I each slept next to one. We learned that Brooklyn loves to cuddle and Eliza is a kicker. It was a long night!
We checked out the following morning and enjoyed some of the Circus Circus activities. We watched another show with a clown and acrobatic girl. Then we had some free tickets to play some of the arcade type games. The girls scored big! We only spent $6 of our own money and they each won three toys. They were so excited! Then we left Vegas for our next stop (see next post).
Thursday, October 13, 2011
Vegas Baby
Posted by
Angie
at
10:43:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
It is interesting that for a while Vegas attempted to be more family friendly then went back to being more adult. I think it goes back and forth every couple of years. My sister Sarah lives there and last time I visited her we took her baby to see the fountain. It didn't stop the street people from trying to hand her the nasty cards and then people around us gave the card guys a hard time. Only in Vegas. :)
The M&M store looks like a lot of fun!
Fun!
You guys packed lots in!
I think Vegas is a little more family friendly during the day time but not much. M&M World is fun!
Post a Comment