Monday, October 24, 2011

Gardner Village--The Witches

We went to Gardner Village to see The Witches on Friday, October 21st. It was UEA weekend so we heard it would be busy, but I was not prepared for just how busy it would be. We went with my brother, Barry and three of his kids, as well as my dad and step mom.
Here's the whole gang, minus me of course.
This is another tradition that we love to do this time of year. It was insanely busy though so I didn't get the best quality of pictures. It was hurry, rush and take a picture, who cares if everyone is looking at the camera or not, type of picture day.
This is just about the only picture I got in.
The kids all loved this witch with her frog. In fact, we even caught other kids hands who just couldn't wait one more second to touch the frog. Gotta love it.
The hula hoop witch.
I tried real hard to get a picture here. Instead, I got this sequence of pictures.
Brooklyn: "scoot over Eliza, this is where I'm sitting."
Eliza: "no, I'm sitting here. You move."
Brooklyn was removed from the picture since she started it. Eliza is completely happy.
Brooklyn then gets her turn. Only it's too bad she cried so much she has puffy red eyes now. Sometimes it's rough to be the oldest. Sad.
These two are the best of cousins. They are only 2 weeks apart.
All the girls with the mummy.

We had a good time overall, though it was a relief to leave. We attempted to complete the Scavenger Hunt to find all the witches. We left without finding 4 of the witches, but the line to get into the bakery to buy our discounted cookie was very, very long so we figured it wasn't worth the wait. It was really hard for Brooklyn to leave knowing she didn't find them all.
Note to self: Don't go over UEA weekend ever again! :)

5 comments:

Holli said...

Glad I decided to not attempt it over that weekend. At least you went and looks like an overall good time :)

Border Collie Lipstick said...

Wow, you have had a busy Halloween week. The girls look like they have had lots of fun. I loved the pictures from the pumpkin patch too! I think almost everyone I know that has kids went to the same pumpkin patch this year!

Jessica said...

Fun! Someday we'll go.

Mindy said...

I missed out on the witches this year! It looks like a good time though!

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

I agree, if you don't go at the beginning of the month, then forget it. My kids missed out this year because it was pouring rain at the beginning of October. It looked like your girls had a great time though! What a trooper of a mom you are. Good job.