Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

On Monday, October 17th, we met up with some friends, the Fairbanks and the Lundys, for our annual FHE trip to a Pumpkin Patch. We go to the same one every year because not only are the pumpkins inexpensive, but they have a free corn maze and free tractor rides, plus lots of places for taking pictures. We met right after the dads got off work. In fact, some of them met us there on their way home from work. It gets dark so early anymore that it's hard to do anything in the evening.
Brooklyn picked a winner!
Eliza was cold so she stayed in the wheelbarrow and was happy with the pumpkin we brought her.
It was a pretty cold night so we bundled the cold kids up in the wheelbarrow to share a blanket.
After we purchased our pumpkins, our girls were so excited to ride (ok, pretend to ride) the tractors. Eliza couldn't get enough of them!
Brooklyn loved it as well, but she wanted to do everything else too.
She was willing to take lots of pictures. I know one day she will outgrow this so I'll enjoy while I can.
Then it was time for our real tractor ride. Whee!
Now for the all the pictures. It's getting dark fast.
We are missing two kids from our group, but there was some confusion and we were separated.
A girl with some pumpkins. Looking cute, I might add.
Eliza again with the tractors. See what I mean about can't get enough?
Then it was time for the corn maze. It's a very simple corn maze, but perfect for my kids. It was cold enough that Eliza's nose was running, thus the funny face.
My wonderful family.
The girls were leading us out. I'm sure they were wondering "which way do we go?".
Love, love, love how Marty caught Eliza in this picture. He ran ahead and it looks like he surprised her.
Brooklyn was behind Eliza so she wasn't surprised. She posed instead. Funny girl.
Yippee! We made it out! And they did it again two more times.
We also enjoyed some hot chocolate and treats. Plus, great company with some awesome friends. It's always a fun night!

3 comments:

Mark and Kattie said...

You guys got lots of good pictures! It was fun!

Jessica said...

How fun! We were going to go that night but Rachel's broken leg through a wrench in our plans. It would have been fun to have run into you guys. It looks like you had a blast.

Holli said...

we love this patch too...your girls are getting big! I love Eliza's surprise face, so stinking cute.