In honor of Monday night, I thought I would share a fun Family Night idea for the month of August (for those that live in Utah). We did this a few weeks ago, and it wasn't even on Monday night, but we still had a fun family night.
We went to Tracy Aviary with our ward's playgroup several weeks ago and while we were there Brooklyn saw the little amusement park area. Most people aren't even aware of this part of Liberty Park, but there are a few little rides. If you ever saw the movie Charlie, it’s where they filmed the Ferris wheel.
Anyways, so Brooklyn wanted to ride the rides when she first saw them, but one ticket was $1.50. However, while I was there I noticed a sign called "Hot August Nights". For the month of August, you can get an unlimited riding pass for $5. This is only Monday through Friday from 5:30 to 7:30 pm. I thought it was such a deal that I brought Brooklyn back just so she could ride the rides. She had a blast!
Now I must warn you of a few things though, I would only recommend this for kids under the age of 6. If they are older, they could ride the Ferris wheel and the Swings but that might get boring after awhile. I guess it would depend on the child. Also, these rides are from the 1950’s if not before. They are pretty old, but Brooklyn didn't care and it’s much cheaper than going to Lagoon and having her ride basically the same things.
And lastly, my main complaint was they only have two people that start the rides and they can only have one ride (per attendant) going at a time so there is a lot of wait time. However, I still think it was worth the money!
Plus, plan on buying a snow cone afterward for only $1. Just make sure you buy it before they close at 7:30!
Brooklyn has loved the Merry-go-round since she was big enough to ride so this was a favorite. The only problem was picking just the right horse to ride. Marty didn't even need to buy a ticket, but I was glad he was there to ride with her because it made me sick just to watch.
Monday, August 18, 2008
A Family Night idea
Posted by
Angie
at
4:28:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I didn't even see this part of Liberty Park. Thanks for the info! We'll have to go check it out for a last summer hoo-rah. I'm sure my girls would LOVE it!
I've lived in Utah my whole life, and I have no idea where the amusement park rides are. I hope I remember to do this; Sabrina would love it!
It is really cute over there. When we lived downtown we would go over and take pictures in the fall when it's empty... kind of cute, but I forgot all about it! I'll have to take Carter over sometime!
Good luck with your new calling, You'll do great!
Post a Comment