Friday, August 8, 2008

My poor Nephew....

Wow, I've been such a blogger lately...I'm so impressed!

Anyway, I wanted to share with you a story about my poor nephew, Gunner. We were at his house last Sunday for a family gathering. It was way past time to leave (about 10 pm), but a few of us were still hanging around outside. Brooklyn, Dani, and Gunner were running around the yard. Gunner is faster than Brooklyn, but Brooklyn loves to chase people so she was chasing him. Well, Gunner stepped off the sidewalk into the grass and fell right on the ground and let out this yell like I've never heard before. I knew something was wrong by the way he sounded. He wouldn't move or anything, he just laid there and screamed. His mom, Shyann, said she heard something crack. Well, she was right. He broke his femur bone. Now Gunner is 3 years old; the age where all you want to do is run and play outside. Well now he's in a full body cast for 6-8 weeks!! Poor guy, I really just can't imagine.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

OUCH! Poor kid! And his poor mom too! It hurts just to look at that huge cast!

Jessica said...

Poor kid! My nephew did the same thing at age 3. They eventually learn to army crawl on the floor to get around. :)

Jen said...

Poor Gunner! Tell his family that we hope he gets feeling well soon!

{Brittany} said...

Payton broke his femur when he was two. He looked exactly the same as your nephew with the full body cast. I hope that he's doing okay. Luckily, these little ones heal so fast. Payton only ended up having to wear his cast for 4 weeks.