Thursday, August 7, 2008

Released

A friend of mine wrote on her blog once that "released" meant "to be set free" according to the dictionary. I'll try to keep that in mind.
I was released from Nursery on Sunday. I wasn't there to actually hear I was released since I had a baby blessing to attend, but Marty came home and let me know it was official. I had been told I would be released about a month or two ago and then another lady in Nursery needed to be released quickly because she was having problems with her pregnancy so I was asked to stay a little while longer. I've been in Nursery since April 2007 (Brooklyn was 13 months old and came with me since Marty had other responsibilities). Brooklyn couldn't even walk when she first started going to Nursery. It's crazy to think how much she has grown while I've been in Nursery with her.
But alas, now it's time to cut the strings and drop her off and go to class without her. I'm really looking forward to this actually, but part of me is a little sad that I won't know what she does for those 2 hours. I hope she adjusts well. I'm sure this will be a good thing for us both. I actually think she'll be better behaved when I'm gone (at least I hope). The last few months, she's been pushing her luck with me and refusing to do anything I ask of her while in Nursery.
Marty had told me I should go in and help this Sunday (I was supposed to teach the lesson anyway), but a member of the Primary Presidency came over yesterday and took my book and key and said thank you and that they didn't need me to help anymore. I felt a little lost at first and sad that I won't say goodbye to the kids, but I have a feeling I'll be in there again. I'm sure I'll substitute or something at some point. So for now, I'm free! I'm sure it won't last long.

4 comments:

Liz said...

Congratulations Angie! Nursery is an extremely tough calling, and you did such a good job! I'm excited to have you in relief society.

Mindy said...

Rest while you can! I was excited to be released from teaching when I had Carter... 4 months later, Primary Presidency. :) Hope you get some much needed "time off!"

The Mom said...

I have been a Primary President and nursery is such a hard calling to find people to serve in. Thank you for doing such a great job.

I knew a Bishop who called people to serve in the nursery for 6 months. And after 6 months, they were released. How cool would that be? They didn't have problems getting people to accept because they knew they wouldn't be there forever!

Jessica said...

Wow! You have been in there forever! Glad they are finally giving you a break. I heard our nursery people don't stay in for more than a year tops. Good thing I wasn't in there long enough to test it. :)