Friday, November 7, 2008

38 weeks

Well folks, here I am! 38 weeks pregnant and many of you have asked why I don't have more pictures of me on my blog. Well, just look at me! I don't realize how big my face looks until I see a picture of myself. I swear it doesn't look like that in the mirror. :) Plus, I always seem to be wearing the same shirt when I remember to take a picture. This isn't the best picture of my belly either, but it's going to have to do.

So this baby is following the same pattern as Brooklyn. She's staying put for as long as possible! Brooklyn was a week over due and was a scheduled induction and weighed 8 pounds 8 ounces. I really worry about delivering a big baby again because I hide babies in me very well that I even fool the doctors. Last time, my doctor said, "she'll be 7 pounds something" and then she weighed 8 lbs 8 ounces and the doctor's first words after she came out was "wow, she's a big baby" so it's hard to believe her anymore!
I went to the doctor last week and all was going smoothly. The doctor said I was dilated to 2 cm and 50% effaced and everything was moving right along. She said the baby was way down and when she decided to come, she would come fast. I was all excited that I might have this baby before my due date.
However, today's appointment was completely different. Now I'm only at 1 cm and hardly effaced. Now explain that! I'm thinking my doctor has no idea. :) It just must depend on their mood for the day. Last week she was very laid back; today was extremely busy so I guess that's the difference. Who knows!
My problem with delivering babies is my cervix is posterior (I know too much information probably) so that means my cervix is farther back than it should be so until it moves forward, the baby isn't going anywhere.
But for now what I do know is that I'm scheduled for another induction on November 18th (two days early) at IMC. Now if it happens that day or not is still a mystery, but at least I'm scheduled. The doctor says it's so hard to get inductions done at this new hospital. She doesn't want to have to be at the hospital on Thanksgiving so at least I'm not going to be a week late again. She also said this baby is about 7 pounds right now (ha!) and that she's smaller than the last (ha ha!) so if she's 7 pounds now, what will she be in a few weeks!?!
Now for the fun, my friend Erin did this in on her blog. She's due a few days before me. Take your guesses....when will this baby come and how much will she weigh? There's no prize or anything, just bragging rights!

11 comments:

Liz said...

Yeah, a date is set! I'm so excited for you. My guess is going to be Nov. 18 on induction and I think she'll weigh 8 pounds even. Hope you're feeling okay, it's gotta be tough when you're nearing the end. Good luck!

Mindy said...

You are so cute pregnant!
My guess is:
Friday, Nov 14
weight: 7lb 10oz
That's a fun idea! I can't wait to hear about it, and I hope it goes quick and easy for you! Maybe you should bundle Brooklyn up and go push the stroller up some huge hills! (They say it helps to induce labor, but what 3rd trimester pregnant woman feels like doing that?!?) Good luck! I'll be watching your blog daily "just in case".

Erin said...

I have to say Nov. 16 and she'll be 8 lb 13 oz. Good luck, I hope you're comfortable the last couple weeks.

Kristen said...

I'd say you hide your babies well! You don't look like you only have 2 more weeks at all! I think you'll really like having a baby at IMC. It's really nice. Good Luck! I'm excited. I still need your wish list that we talked about for bows.

Kelly said...

November 15
7 lbs 5 oz
IMC is awesome. I loved my experience there. All of my nurses were awesome.
I can't believe you're already at the end. Other people's pregnancies seem to fly by...

Jen said...

Lets see. November 17th
8lbs 2oz

If you need anything or for us to take Brooklyn for a day please let me know. We are more than happy to help.

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

I say Nov. 18th- induction day and she'll weigh 8 lbs. 9 oz. Yeah, for only 2 weeks left.

Trista said...

Erin doesn't like you much, does she? 8 lbs 13 oz?
November 14
6 pounds 15 ounces

I like you a lot! ;)

Tia said...

I'll guess Nov. 13th, 7 lbs 14 oz. We've never watched Brooklyn before but I'm sure the girls would love to play with her, so if you need help, let me know! And good luck!

Jessica said...

I'm with Liz, I think it will go until your induction on the 18th.
7 lbs. 12 oz.

Holli said...

my guess is 8 lbs 5 oz. I say count your blessings in the 8's. Try having an almost 10 pounder a week early! ha ha