Wednesday, November 5, 2008

SNOW!

We woke up to snow today and Brooklyn wanted to go outside and play before she even had breakfast. I wasn't too excited about going out to play in the snow because we've had these horrible colds for days and days now. However, I decided why not since we've been cooped up in the house forever it seems. So I bundled her up and out we went. I didn't bundle me up though because I didn't think it would last long. Boy was I wrong, this little girl could have played out there all day, but I drew the line after about a hour!
Here's Brooklyn ready for snow!

She got right into the action and started playing.
She loved throwing it up in the air over and over again.
She wanted to build a snowman, but I wasn't really dressed or in a physical condition to make a huge snowman so I made a tiny one and had her hold it before we threw him in the air! She wanted to know where his eyes were, but again we didn't get that much into it.
I wish her dad was home to really play with her today, but I know there will be more days ahead for that. Too bad it's dark by the time he gets home.
Also, a special thanks to my neighbor for shoveling our driveway. There's no way I could have done that today!

5 comments:

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

Last year I was really pregnant when we got all that snow and couldn't shovel enough to keep ahead. Well since Frank left early in the morning and it snowed all day, the only way I could go anywhere during the day was if I shoveled. Frank did it when he got home, but it didn't help while he was gone because it came down too fast. A few times our neighbor felt bad and snowblowed and our Home Teachers helped out, but I'm sure it was quite the sight seeing this huge pregnant lady slide down our slope with shovel in hand and scrape up the driveway just enough so I could get out. I was really sore last winter.

Erin said...

I'm impressed that you were able to play with Brooklyn like that. I do not have the energy for that anymore.

Melissa said...

Brooklyn looks adorable all cute and color coordinated. My boys go out and it's red coats w/ orange hats...not matching! It's so cute that she loves to throw snow in the air, like leaves. Enjoy being the only one, right? Her world is about to be rocked pretty soon!

Trista said...

Where did you get Brooklyn's snowsuit?

Jessica said...

That's some crazy snow! Brooklyn looks so big! Is she more than ready to be a big sister?