Monday, November 17, 2008

November Birthdays

Growing up, my families birthdays were all in April, August and November. November is the biggest one with four family members, three of which are parents. This year, my mom and dad both had BIG birthdays and I worried I would have a newborn and wouldn't be able to do much for them to celebrate so I didn't plan anything exciting. However, I made it through all of the birthdays still being pregnant so I had fun celebrating their special day, even if I didn't plan a big party for them or anything.

The first birthday is my oldest brother, Barry on the 5th. Then my dad's birthday is on the 7th and he turned 65 this year. He's not retired yet, but he's happy that he knows he can! I think he will retire in the Spring sometime (depending on how our economy is doing at the time). Poor guy lost lots of money in his retirement savings in the past few months, but that's a post for another day.

Then on the 14th was my mom's 60th birthday! We managed to get up to her house and decorate with some "Over the Hill" signs. We also took her to Texas Roadhouse and embarrassed her. This is her sitting on "the saddle" while the employees yelled out to make sure everyone saw her sitting there. She's giving my brother that suggested this "the stink eye" in this picture. :) Only disappointment, they didn't even give her a free dessert after they embarrassed her like this. I mean come on, who doesn't get a treat on their birthday after going through such torture!?

And lastly, my step mom, Pat, celebrated her 62nd birthday on the 15th. It's been a busy few weeks. Brooklyn has loved celebrating by singing to everyone and helping them open their presents or blow out their candles.

I also have two sister-in-laws (from the Nowling side) who will celebrate their birthdays on the 18th and 20th...oh, and a brother-in-law on the 22nd. Now we add baby Eliza to the birthday mix! What a busy birthday month!

1 comment:

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

Nov. is our biggest b-day month too. My dad, my sister's fiance, my mom, Gavin, and my new niece who was due in Nov. but came 5 weeks early. It seemed like you had a very fun month.