For those who don't want to know, just don't read this post, but I thought I would quickly update you on my progress. I went to the doctor today and I'm dilated to 3.5 and 75% effaced. I guess the doctor was in a good mood because there appears to be progress this week. :) I really think it's all a guessing game anyway.
Sorry for those of you who guessed I would have the baby by now (really more sorry for me...thanks for hoping for earlier than later though). There's still a chance you might be right about the weight, except I really hope Erin is way off with her 8 pound 13 ounce guess.
It looks like Tuesday will be the day, but there is still a few days between there that something could happen.
Also, did anyone read or hear the news report about the "induction problem in America" a few days ago. I was at a dinner with Marty's bike team last night (and let me note: most of them don't have children of their own) and they were making me feel a little guilty about having an induction because they had just seen this report. They were all from an older generation, but they were laughing about how crazy it was that we not only get to have ultrasounds to determine the gender early on, but we also get to "schedule our babies". One lady went off about how one of her kids was 3 weeks late and it's good to have these "big babies". I got home and read the article on the SL Tribune website along with all the comments and I really started feeling like maybe I shouldn't do this induction. But that I should let the baby come when she's ready to come.
So I talked to my doctor about it today and she said my induction is not the same thing as what this article was referring to. I'm only being induced 2 days early, not weeks. And besides that, she said the older generation didn't have ultrasounds to determine the due date more accurately and when the babies did come late, they were usually so big that the recovery was more difficult for the mother. She said her mom still talks about delivering one of her brothers and all the problems she had from it. So for now, my guilt is gone. I'm ready to be induced....
Friday, November 14, 2008
Update - 39 weeks
Posted by
Angie
at
3:45:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I didn't see that report, but I know that there is some controversy about inductions. I think they should be done for the right reasons, i.e. not for the DOCTOR'S convenience. Birth is about the mother and baby! Anyway, you are fine! Everyone just needs to do what is best for them. You are a good candidate for induction because you are dilated and effaced already. Your body might just need a little jumpstart. I was not a good candidate as I was not progressing on my own at all, hence my induction took over 24 hours....ANYWAY, I'm excited for you for Tuesday!
lOh yay! I'm getting so excited to see this little girl!! You'll love IMC, it was like a 180 difference from Cottonwood... I hope you get my nurse!! Let me know when you are ready for those pictures! As far as the induction, I wouldn't worry at all about it... you are only doing it a few days early anyway, and it will be fine. She will be a healthy baby.
I can't wait for Tuesday to be able to see Eliza.
They're just haters because they had to suffer overdue periods of WEEKS and all their baby clothes were green and yellow! Modern medicine is a blessing - don't worry about it. They also used to put women completely 'out' and the mortality rate was higher. Excited for you!
All 3 of my kids were induced. If people start talking negatively about being induced, I just don't listen. Bailee was a week late, and my doctor didn't want her to go any more than that, so I was induced, and VERY grateful! Good luck, tomorrow?!?
Post a Comment