Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Cleaning

Let's face it, cleaning is just not what I consider "fun". However, it does provide a sense of accomplishment when you are done. I love when things are clean; especially a nice clean bathroom which is what I cleaned today. I'm sure most of you are better at cleaning your house than me, but I do enough to make me happy. I have a schedule for cleaning or else quite frankly I probably won't clean as often. I tend to forget to do things if I don't have a plan to get things done.
I clean my house (by" clean", I mean actually move things around and wipe it down really well) every other week. Weekly is too much of a chore for me, but I do clean things that get dirty if it needs it before then. So here's my schedule every other week.
Monday: kitchen
Tuesday: bathrooms
Wednesday: dusting
Thursday: laundry
Friday: floors (vacuuming/mopping)
This does change here and there depending on what I have going on during the week or what I feel like that day, but it's worked great for me. I do a little here and there so it doesn't seem so overwhelming to do it all in one day.
Before we had Brooklyn and we both worked full time, Marty and I would clean the house on Saturdays and it would take most of the day. Now I like to get it all done before Saturday so we can really enjoy our Saturdays as a family.
So now, I'm curious what you all do. How do you all keep your houses so clean? I'm always up for better ideas/suggestions.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

You must not mean me when you say we keep our houses so clean. We're getting there, though! Yes, I have been nesting. That's all I've been doing lately. My problem is that I have yet to establish a "baseline". I need to get the house TOTALLY spotless, then just concentrate on maintenance. Too often things get so bad that I get overwhelmed and can't dig myself out of it. My sister has been helping me, but she's expensive! I pay her gas to drive up from Provo, and then pay her a little to help me clean. Luckily, my mom is going to be here when the baby comes to be my maid and cook.... :)

Liz said...

I have no schedule to my madness, I wish I did. I just tend to wake up each morning and decide what needs to be done. So it seems like everyday that's all I do is clean. I try to concentrate on one room at a time, and really clean it well, then I move on to another until I give up for the day. I love a clean kitchen, so my kitchen gets cleaned every day, and the main areas of the house. I do laundry on an as needed basis, as you all know this is my least liked chore. I do make sure the vacuuming and mopping gets done once a week now that I have a toddler taking messes everywhere.