I know, it's such an ugly word, but it's the word I need to use. One of the things that I was worried about when it came to being a mom was cleaning up vomit. Seriously, how disgusting is that!? I
had a baby that spat up like any other baby might, but I really didn't mind that. I remember the first time Brooklyn threw up and I called it throw up instead of spit up because of that smell. Do you all know the smell I'm talking about? There is definitely a difference.
Well, today was the worst yet! We were eating lunch and suddenly Brooklyn just starts projecting. She probably did it 5-6 times. It wasn't pretty. I won't tell you what she was eating, but it was everywhere. All over the table cloth, the place mats, the chair, the floor, her clothes. She just started to cry. I felt bad for her.
There was a moment where I wish I could have called on someone else to clean it up, but there was no one there. So I cleaned it up and honestly it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It's very different since she's my child. If it was someone else, it would have been a whole different story.
She doesn't appear to be sick or anything so I'm not sure where it came from, but if any of you were around her lately, I'm truly sorry if she passes it along.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Vomit
Posted by
Angie
at
2:39:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It might be too much info, but I was sick in the night and have had flu like symptoms all day. Maybe she and I caught the same bug. I'm just hoping Carter doesn't get it, not that it would matter, he makes it a point to throw up at least weekly still!
Count me in! I've been throwing up since yesterday evening. Weird! At first, I wrote it off as third trimester stomach issues, but now I think I might have had a virus. The pieces are coming together!!!!! I don't have a fever or any other symptoms, just the vomit. Gross. It seems to be gone though...
Well, it seems that the virus made it around the neighborhood. The Rushton's house is having stomach issues too. Alex has been blowing out of diapers for a couple days, and I didn't feel good all day today either. Here's to hoping everyone feels better soon!
I feel for you, cleaning up throw up has to be one of the most disgusting jobs you do as a parent. Hope she feels better soon.
Post a Comment