Monday, March 31, 2008

Worldwide Leadership Training

Did any of you see the Worldwide Leadership Training on February 9, 2008? Marty and I had planned on going, but then it became practically impossible when everyone was invited. All of the grandparents that normally would watch Brooklyn were planning on attending themselves. So we didn't attend. Well, our Bishop attended and decided it would be good for our entire ward to view this so our ward watched this as the 5th Sunday presentation. Actually, Marty and I were in Nursery, but the rest of the ward (minus a few who were responsible for Primary and the Youth). However, he made sure everyone watched it so he sent home copies to those who would be helping in otherways yesterday.
Marty and I watched it last night. It's a long meeting, but it was very good. I really enjoyed it. It's entitled Building up a Righteous Posterity. So yes, it was about families. I thought they spoke more directly than the church normally does and I appreciated that they were aware that the church sets a standard or a "pattern", but that they know not everyone will fall into that exact pattern. However, that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to follow the pattern as closely as possible. Our church leaders are very well aware of how diverse we are, but the gospel principles are still the same. Many times, we get caught up in our lives and justify by saying "the church expects too much" and "they don't understand", but we need to stop this. We just need to work together as a people and build our families up. We need each other and we need to teach the children we are given. It is such a sacred responsiblity! I'm so grateful to my ward family and to my own family. Neither one of them are perfect, but I do find great happiness by being among them.
If you would like to watch the training, you can probably get a copy from your church library. Otherwise you can watch it online at http://lds.org/library/display/0,4945,8027-1-4404-1,00.html. I hope you take the time to watch it.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

We watched the training as a ward this past Sunday as well. Loved it! I too, liked how they spoke more specifically and directly about issues and things. It was a great booster for the efforts we are trying to make with our little family. :)

{Brittany} said...

Yes, I went to the broadcast and LOVED it! It had such great advice. Thanks for reminding me about how wonderful it was!