It's been a fun weekend! We started Easter celebrations on Monday when we did a Family Home Evening on the resurrection and then hide some eggs to somewhat prepare Brooklyn for Easter hunts this weekend. Last year she wasn't even walking so we didn't do any "hunting". She caught on very fast and loved that the eggs included candy. She would have been just happy with the eggs though!
Then on Saturday, we went to Kearns High School for their Easter egg hunt. What a madhouse! I had no idea so many people would show up for such an event. I was really glad that most communities had their Easter egg hunts at the same time (so you had to pick one location) because I'm sure people would have gone to every one just to get more candy! It was insane!
This hunt was different from other hunts I have taken my nieces to. They had a few eggs with candy, but mostly they had just thrown candy, cookies, chips (all bagged of course) on to the football field and then it was just a race to see who could pick it up the fastest. This picture shows some of the madness! Brooklyn came away with a TON of candy so I guess it worked out. I'm thinking we should start doing this for Halloween. It was over very fast and every kid left with a basket of candy!
Today she woke up to eggs hidden throughout our house and Brooklyn found them all! She also had to find her Easter basket. Her favorite gift was her PlayDoh. She played with it most of the day! She looked beautiful in her Easter dress so I had to show it off. She loves dressing up on Sundays.
Of course, the eggs, candy, and baskets are all fun, but we did try our best to remind her that Easter is about more important things like the resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I had to teach the lesson in Nursery and it's hard to get this concept into such young children. However, we just keep trying and they will catch on one day!
2 comments:
Brooklyn is so adorable. I love the darling Easter dress. Also, I love your new hairdo. It's so cute!
The easter hunt was crazy, but I'm glad we went, it was good practice for Alex next year. Brooklyn's dress is sooo cute!
Post a Comment