Sunday, December 13, 2009

Eliza

Eliza has been miserable the last few days. Not only is she growing about three teeth, she had the seasonal flu (Type B), and due to this virus she had the perfect growth environment for double ear infections. The doctor on Wednesday night told Marty to bring her back on Friday to see if the liquid she could see in her ears would turn into an ear infection. Eliza has never had an ear infection so the doctor wasn't sure, though she did say if she could rate it between an ear infection and a bad infection, she would place it in the middle. I would think that would be an ear infection, but whatever! So when we went on Friday morning to have her checked, the doctor (a different one) said they were bad and that the right ear had probably burst. She was surprised we hadn't seen any liquid come out of her ear. I only wish the first doctor would have prescribed the needed medications prior to Eliza feeling so much pain. Eliza was on three different medications, a steroid to help her lungs open up to help her breath, an anti-viral, and an anti-biotic. Plus, ibuprofen and albuterol as needed. The last doctor said that Type B influenza is the worst one to get. Eliza is now down to only two medications and will soon be having just one. She is slowly feeling better, but I have felt so bad for her.
Marty and I did still get away. I'm very grateful to my MIL and FIL for watching the girls while we had some time alone to celebrate Marty's birthday. Eliza wasn't as happy as she might have been had she felt good, but she did really well. She was very attached after we returned, but I didn't expect anything less. She was so excited to see us when we returned that her little body was shaking with excitement. Brooklyn really could have cared less if we returned. She loves Grandma's house. Marty and I stayed in a hotel in Heber. We enjoyed a quiet dinner and went to a movie in Heber. There was only one movie showing, 2012, so went to see that. It was an OK movie. Very Hollywood and unrealistic, but it kept me watching and I was never bored. Plus, it got me really thinking about Noah and how he must have felt when he was told to build an ark and leave so many things and people behind. We were looking forward to sleeping in, but the hotel was noisy starting at about 6:30 am. We would have gotten more sleep at home. :)
Anyway, on a better note. My friend, Kelly, took Eliza's 1 year pictures a few weeks ago and I wanted to share them with everyone. Eliza was ornery and very uncooperative. It was cold outside and her nap time. That was my fault, I thought she would be OK if she was outside, but she was tired. Sorry Kelly. I think Kelly did an incredible job for what she had to work with.
Before Eliza realized what we were doing.
This is what she looked like most of the time.
I believe I'm holding her in this one, but you can't tell.
Family
Lead me, guide me, walk beside me.
One of my favorites. Kelly, I forgot to ask. Can you send me a color version of this one?
Adorable! Thanks again, Kelly. We appreciate you taking the time to not only take the pictures, but to edit out all the tears and snot. :) We LOVE them!

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Cute Pictures, Kelly did a great job!

I'm so sorry about all that you've gone through with her health! Poor girl! The ear infections sound so painful! Our ped gave us some ear drops that numb the inside when the baby has an ear infection... you probably wouldn't use them in a case like hers where it burst though. We've never actually had to use them so I don't know if it would do any good or not. Poor baby. :(

Glad you got to get away! Everyone needs that once in a while!

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

I love the pictures. I am also so glad to hear you still got to go away for some R&R. It's always fun to have a night out. Too bad you didn't get to sleep in. I hope Eliza will soon be all the way better and happy.

Mark and Kattie said...

Those pictures turned out cute! And sorry about Eliza being so sick!

Kelly said...

I'll send you the picture in color. I don't know why I didn't include it on the CD - sorry! Check your email.

Yay for you guys being able to get away! Poor Eliza. It's rough being a kid.

Tia said...

Kelly did such a great job on these pics, they are adorable!
Hope everyone's doing better by now.