Let me first say, I'm not pregnant and have no plan or desire to be pregnant at this point in my life.
Brooklyn has been thinking a lot lately about her future siblings. We hear comments from her about this occasionally, but have gotten quite a few of them recently. She seems to think more about this when one of her friends has another baby in the house or when I tell her that someone had a baby. One of my favorite comments from a few months back is when she announced we would have 10 kids. I told her that would never happen, but that she could have that many if she wanted.
About a week ago, Brooklyn announced that we would have a sister next and then a brother. Then she wanted to have Marty call all our friends to let them know of these plans. HA!
Two nights ago, Brooklyn was in her room trying to go to sleep when she yelled out for her dad. When he went in to check on her, she started asking where her brother and sister would sit and that there weren't enough seats in our car and on and on. It's crazy that she lays awake at night thinking of such things. Now every time we are in our car driving somewhere, she talks about how she could work it out so everyone would fit because she doesn't want to get a new car. Her solution is to put them in the trunk.
We received a Christmas card this week with a picture of a family of 7. Brooklyn announced that they had a lot of kids. Then the next day she tells me that we need to have 5 kids too.
She also wants to know where they would sleep and what we would name them. She has been constantly talking about this and I'll I can say in response is "let's not worry about it right now. Mom's not having a baby". I'm a little worried Brooklyn might start talking about this in public so if you hear some sort of rumor that I'm pregnant, please stop it quickly. :)
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Family Planning
Posted by
Angie
at
8:27:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
That's so cute! You know, they are closer to the spirit than we are. :D At least if you have a girl next, Marty can be assured a boy is coming next.
That is so funny! It must be a girl thing because my boys never cared. Kira has talked a few times about another baby, but that is not possible and I have been very blunt about it with her! She is, and always will be, the baby!
This just cracks me up, because my boys have never and I mean never mentioned another baby until I tell them that another one is on the way. It would be really amazing if this actually turns out to be the order of your family...hmmm could be years till we know, but how weird would that really be?
That's really cute! She's a clever girl... I bet she knows more than you think she does... Maybe you will have five kids! My mom has told me that when I was about 3 I had an imaginary brother. I would make her set a place for him at the table, buckle him into the car, etc. When they were pregnant with my sister I told her it was a brother, and when they brought her home I told them to take her back and trade her for my brother... I grew up without a brother but then when I was 15 and my sister was 12 they had another baby... a brother! I always knew I should have one! :) I think little kids know more than we think they do sometimes!
Oh sweet Brooklyn and her fun imagination! Well look at it this way she will be ecstatic when you really do have another one.
That is stinking hilarious! I love putting them in the trunk, there are days I would love to put Alex in the trunk! :) It's funny to me that she lays awake thinking about this when we as adults are sometimes doing the exact same thing. It is a lot to coordinate though when the family grows I am sure, and she is going to be a great planner when she grows up! I love it!
Simply hilarious.
It is sweet that she wants to take care of her siblings, imaginary or not. It is a good thing that family planning is not left to 3 year old girls.
Funny that she thinks about it so much. She will be great mommy of maybe 10 someday!
That's too cute! I've known of 2 little boys that have predicted the "baby in the belly" before the mom & dad even knew. It's so cool when that happens!
Post a Comment