Today is Marty's 30th birthday! We both turned 30 this year, but Marty is 4 months younger than me. I wished Marty a Happy Birthday on Facebook today and was laughing at how many commented about how depressed they were knowing their Bishop was younger than them. :) Such is life!
Marty is a huge blessing in my life! He is the most hard-working person I know. I know for a fact that he does not have a lazy bone in his body. I have several lazy bones so I often feel guilty when he's working hard while I sit around and watch TV or read a book. Marty is either at work, at the church, sleeping, eating, playing with the girls, or working in our basement. When he does feel like taking a break, he will play baseball on the Wii. Most Friday nights, I can get him to stop long enough to watch a movie with me. We consider that our "date night" since we haven't had a real date night in a long time.
I could go on and on, but since he probably won't read this anyway, I'll stop. I'm sure you all know I do love and appreciate my husband.
Since he doesn't get to rest much, his request for his birthday was for me to plan something for him to get away and to make it a surprise. If money were no object, I could have had a lot of fun with this, but instead it's something small yet fulfills his requirements. We are just staying at a hotel in Heber tomorrow night while his parents watch our girls. I wanted to stay close since this is the first time Eliza has been left alone at night. I don't have anything else really planned so we'll just play it by ear and see if we want to go see a movie or shop or whatever. I'm excited!
The only downfall is Eliza is sick. She caught the seasonal flu from her 2nd booster shot that I drove all over the valley to find. I'm still very aggravated about this. She's feeling better today though so hopefully she'll be ok when we leave her tomorrow.
One quick story, Brooklyn knows what we bought Marty for his birthday present and has been keeping it a secret for at least 3 weeks. Marty asked her two nights ago if she knew what he was getting and she put up her pointer finger and started shaking it at him and said "no, no, no". It was super cute! And I'm so proud of her for being a great keeper of our secret!
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Happy Birthday Marty!
Posted by
Angie
at
4:00:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Angie, you are a good wife. I can't believe all that you're being asked to do and support your husband in such a heavy responsibility at such a young age, but you two are well matched, and all of those things you said about Marty could be also said for you. You two are such great people! And I love that Brooklyn is keeping your secret! So far Carter just blabbs! I can't tell him about presents anymore! :)
Happy Birthday Marty!
Happy Birthday Marty! We sure miss you guys! And it looks like Easton could learn a lesson from Brooklyn on how to keep a secret. Easton doesn't know what he got his dad for Christmas because if he did, he would tell! :0)
I hope you two had a wonderful get-away. I want to hear how it went.
Brooklyn is so cute. We've had several experiences where the kids had blabbed so I don't let them know. Although it's hard to be sneaky when they have to go shopping with you.
I still remember when we moved into the ward, at our first tithing settlement, when I discovered that Bishop Potter was younger than me. I felt so old, and now I feel even older. When I got married, your husband was a deacon! Ouch!
Post a Comment