Friday, December 23, 2011

Big Girl Bed

I'm a little ashamed to admit that I've kept Eliza in a crib for so long. She's my baby and I'm doing my best to keep her that way. However, she's getting bigger and it's time I let her get big. Sad as it may be for me.
Eliza is my sleeper. She's always been that way so I've been worried to try a big girl bed for fear that it would change her sleeping habits. She loves her crib. She's only fallen out once and that was a year and a half ago when she was so mad at me that she threw herself out (I had put her in there to calm down at the time). But other than that, she's never tried to climb out. She probably would have stayed in the crib forever if I let her.
Brooklyn has wanted to play in that crib for years now. We let her in right before we took it down for good.
Eliza had a moment where she was mad at us for taking it down. She kept telling Marty to stop "breaking her bed".
However, once she saw her big bed all set up, she gave no thought to the crib. She was all smiles.
The first night was December 17th right after the Nowling Christmas party. She had fallen asleep in the car so we put her in her bed without any problems and she's been great since then! She still takes her naps in there (though her naps are about gone. She still "rests" though). She loves it!
We originally planned to make these bed bunk beds, but my girls are both on such different sleep patterns and Brooklyn likes to wake up the whole house when she first wakes up so we decided to keep them in separate rooms for a bit longer.

3 comments:

Vala said...

We JUST transitioned Isaac, too. His wasn't as smoothe, though! Lucky you guys! Isaac keeps telling us "I miss my crib." Cute photos of the girls :)

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

So glad she is adjusting to the new bed, it looks great!

Kelly said...

Cute! I'm still jealous that you have such a sleeper. :)