Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas

Santa came to our house this year!Unfortunately, I came down with a stomach virus some where in the night. Brooklyn was sick in the night as well. She still managed to wake up at 4 am to let us know Santa had come and that he turned off our Christmas lights. We made sure she went back to bed.
Marty's alarm woke us up so that we could get ready for 9 am church. I chose to stay in bed. When I heard Brooklyn still wasn't feeling well, we decided to stay home while Marty and Eliza went to church.
I managed to get myself out of bed because we promised the girls they could look in their stockings before church. They had to wait to open their presents until after church though.
Eliza had fun sitting on Marty's lap on the stand at church. I was sad to miss the Christmas program. When they got home, we went up stairs to open presents. I sat on the couch and took pictures and tried not to move too much. The girls were ready to open their gifts from Santa.
They each got a princess, a prince and some princess clothes. Brooklyn got Rapunzel and Flynn Rider.
Eliza got her favorite, Mulan and Li Shang. They both didn't ask for anything specific this year so they loved them!
Brooklyn (with a little help from her dad) made Eliza this little dollhouse out of a shoebox. It was all her idea. Too cute!
Brooklyn made sure I took a picture with her and every gift she opened.
Eliza wasn't too worried about pictures, but I did manage to get her to turn around to show me this one. She was excited for the Backyardigan's wrapping paper.
Brooklyn did want one thing and here she is receiving it. Just some baby things for her dollhouse dolls.
Eliza was excited about this Rapunzel dress up, but she knew Brooklyn has always wanted one. When she opened it, Eliza said "here you go Brooklyn". It's a good thing they like to share (most of the time).
The garbage is piling up! Eliza thought it would be fun to slide down the griddle. The girls enjoyed opening some gifts for me since I wasn't feeling up to it.
After all the gifts were opened, Brooklyn got to work creating a "tower" for Rapunzel to live in.
Then we relaxed the rest of the day. I slept most of the day away honestly.
By the next day, my house looked like this. Gotta love the Christmas aftermath. I'm glad it's all cleaned up now though.

4 comments:

The Mom said...

Eliza did so good sitting on Marty's lap, She was very reverent! Sorry you didn't feel well. Being sick on Christmas is awful!

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

I am so sorry you were sick- that is not the best day to be sick. I'm sure your little helpers enjoyed opening extra presents though. Looks like they had a wonderful Christmas.

Vala said...

Wow! You guys had some busy holidays! Looks like your fam had a wonderful time everywhere you went, with the exception of being sick on Christmas Day! That is a bummer. Cute pictures of you and the fam :)

Holli said...

Being that sick on Christmas is horrible! We had little bugs, but nothing like that. At least it looks like your girls had a good Christmas morning, and I love when kids don't ask for specifics :) Brooklyn is cute with all her presents lined up. Its also funny that Eliza assumes the dress is for Brooklyn just cause she had wanted it, so sweet.