Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Party #1

We had our first Christmas Party on Saturday, December 3rd. I guess technically it was the 2nd party since we had our Ward Christmas party that morning. However, I took no pictures there so the party in the evening will be the first for my blog purposes.
It was my Dad's Christmas party. It seemed a little strange having a Christmas party only a week after Thanksgiving, but it was the only Saturday available for the majority. It was still fun and it's always great to be together with family we don't get to see very often. We still were missing some family from Cedar City (my brother in law and 2 nieces) as well as my step sister. I wish we could have all been there.
We started off with a yummy roast beef dinner. I was too busy eating to take pictures though. Yum!
After clean up, it was time for dessert. I loved the way this Coconut Cream Pie looked. Yum indeed!
My nephew Preston fell asleep before the presents even started. He had stayed up late the night before with some of his cousins.
Eliza had been playing airplane with some young women in our ward earlier so she thought Sariah should be able to do it as well. Needless to say, it didn't happen.
Cute! Eliza, Sariah and Brooklyn.
Everyone gathered for the presents. First we all said something we were thankful for. Yes, it's a Thanksgiving tradition, but since we were closer to Thanksgiving than Christmas we went with it.
Time for presents. Youngest goes first. Eliza wasn't the first, but we didn't take pictures of everyone. Everyone had fun helping each other open the gift.
Eliza with her present. She loves to play with Grandma's tea sets and now she has her own (as well as some more things for her kitchen).
Brooklyn with her present. A big tote of art supplies for the girl who wants to be an artist. Perfect!
The cousins all had a great time playing together. Lizzie, the oldest pictured here was a little excited about Brooklyn and Eliza's gifts so she was excited to play with them.
It's fun to see them have fun together.
And the youngest right now. Sweet little Evelyn (Evie). Ryanne was trying to put her to sleep, but she kept poking her head out with smiles. Adorable.
It was a fun night. I love my family. An extra bonus is that my girls have some new things to play with for a few weeks.

1 comment:

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

I love early Christmas parties, then the closer it gets To actual Christmas day i can focus just on my little family. Even though I do love to see everyone at all the extended parties! Looks like a lot of fun.