On November 27th, we went to a Live Nativity in Draper. We have wanted to try this every year, but don't usually hear about it until it's too late. Luckily, someone in my ward posted it on Facebook and we were actually not busy that night so we went. It's super busy though. We didn't get there until after 7 and I think there were many YW/YM groups that arrived at the same time. The line was long! Fortunately for us we saw some people from our ward and jumped in line with them. I do feel a little guilty but it was a huge blessing because we still got our little kids to bed late that night and we would have been in line at least another hour without them. Thank you!
We tried to take pictures but it was too dark for our camera. Thankfully Tia (who is a photographer) was there and so generously took a picture for us. Thanks again Tia!
On Saturday, December 1st we went to the Festival of Trees. I love to attend this event, but it's hard now that I have a 1st grader and don't want to leave her out of the fun. We went early Saturday morning and it was busy but it only got busier later I'm sure.
It took us about 2 hours to see all the large trees. That is all we managed to see. We could have been there at least another 2 hours, but our kids were hungry.
Brooklyn loved seeing all the trees and having her picture taken by some of her favorites. This one is the Rapunzel tree with her hair wrapped around the tree.
This tree was done by Jessica Goodwin who is from our ward. She had help from people in our ward, but she did the majority of the work. It looked amazing!
Then I decided we better do the Santa thing while we were there so I didn't have to find a Santa in a mall somewhere. My family wasn't too excited to do this, but I'm so glad we did! My girls are quite terrified of Santa but they agreed to sit on his lap after I told them Linocln was going to as well. Brooklyn was brave and actually told him a few things she would like for Christmas (though those things keep changing).
Eliza was more excited for the candy cane and that is another reason why she did it. She loves candy! She wouldn't talk to him though.
I love this picture! This alone was worth the 30 minute wait!
Monday, December 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
I have yet to ever attend the Festival of Trees because of school time conflicts. For the past 8 years of my life I've had either preschool pick ups or kindergarten carpool and like you said I don't want to leave anyone out. Maybe I'll just have to be brave next year and go early on a Saturday. Or just go by myself so no child's feelings are hurt :) Looks absolutely beautiful!
Post a Comment